Apple Pecan Arugula Salad
- 1/2 cup (50 g) raw pecans
- 7 ounces (198 g) arugula (organic when possible)
- 2 small apples (1 tart, 1 sweet), peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- optional: 2 Tbsp (20 g) dried cranberries
- 1 large lemon, juiced (~3 Tbsp, 45 ml)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- Pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and arrange pecans on a bare baking sheet.
- Bake pecans for 8-10 minutes, or until fragrant and deep golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While pecans are toasting, prep remaining salad ingredients and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare dressing in a mixing bowl or mason jar by adding all ingredients and whisking or shaking vigorously to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Add pecans to salad and top with dressing. Toss to combine and serve immediately. Serves two as an entrée and 4 as a side.
- Store leftovers (dressing separate from salad) covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days (though best when fresh). Dressing should keep at room temperature for 2-3 days when well sealed.
To view the full recipe, click here.