Grilled Chicken Salad
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 3 or 4 lemons), divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic (4 cloves), divided
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves (10 to 11 ounces each)
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas (from 2 pounds in pods)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, plus 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves (from 2 bunches)
- 1 to 2 heads butterhead lettuce such as Bibb or Boston, trimmed and separated into leaves
1. Whisk together 1/4 cup oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon garlic. Pour over chicken, and refrigerate 2 hours.
2. Cook peas in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, and submerge in ice water to stop the cooking and retain color.
Click here to view the full recipe.