Coconut, Lime, and Watermelon Slushie
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cubed
- 4 cups frozen watermelon (~ 3/4 of 1 small seedless watermelon)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) watermelon juice (plus more to ease blending)
- Optional: 1 Tbsp sweetener of choice (such as maple syrup or honey if not vegan)
- Optional: Pinch sea salt
- Halve 1 small, ripe, seedless watermelon and scoop out rounded Tablespoon amounts (or cube with a knife) and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm – about 3-4 hours.
- In the meantime, halve another small seedless watermelon and add the fruit (leaving the rind behind) to a blender. Blend on high, adding a touch of water if needed (I didn’t), until completely smooth and pureed.
- OPTIONAL: Drape a large, thin dish towel over a mixing bowl and pour over juice. Then gather corners, lift up and squeeze the juice out leaving the pulp behind – there shouldn’t be much, but this makes the juice extra smooth. Transfer to a mason jar, cover, and refrigerate – should keep for 3-4 days, or more.
Click here to view the full recipe.