Lemon Basil Spaghetti With Almonds
- 1 cup whole Almonds, roughly chopped
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti (or any pasta shape)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly-sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup julienned or roughly-chopped fresh basil leaves, loosely-packed
- recommended toppings:freshly-grated Parmesan and lemon zest
- Heat oven to 350°F. Scatter the chopped almonds in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 6-9 minutes, or until the almonds are lightly-toasted and fragrant. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large stockpot of generously-salted water, then add the spaghetti and cook it al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, as the pasta water is cooking, heat olive oil (or butter) in a separate saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2-4 minutes or until lightly-golden and fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and toasted almonds. Set aside.
Click here to view the full recipe.