SWEET POTATO & KALE BREAKFAST HASH
- 8 ounces (226 g) extra firm tofu
- 2 small or 1 large sweet potato (150-200 g), chopped into large bites, skin on
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) melted coconut oil, divided
- 3 1/4 tsp tandoori masala spice, divided
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt + black pepper, divided
- 1 red onion, skin and tops removed, (110 g) then sliced into wedges lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 large bundle kale, chopped, large stems removed (10 ounces or 283 g)
FOR SERVING optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and wrap tofu in a clean towel and set something heavy on top (such as a cast iron skillet) to press out excess moisture.
- In the meantime, season sweet potatoes with 1/2 Tbsp oil, 1 tsp tandoori masala spice, coconut sugar, and a pinch each salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Season onion with 1/2 Tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp tandoori spice, and a pinch each salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake onions and potatoes for a total of 25-35 minutes, flipping once near the halfway point to ensure even cooking. You’ll know they’re done when the onions are brown and caramelized, and the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
While vegetables are roasting, place pressed tofu in a bowl and use two forks to crumble into small pieces. Season with fresh parsley, turmeric, and a healthy pinch each salt and pepper. Set aside.
Click here to view the full recipe.